Accommodated Adventure at Ingjaldssandur, Westfjords
- Dates: This 7 day adventure is bookable for groups of 5+ in June and July; please get in touch to check availability.
- Cost: 250,000 ISK/person (est. equiv. £1270/€1630) . Based on a shared room; Rate for a single room is 350,000 ISK. All activities, meals and transfers included.
- Logistics: This is a 7 day adventure run from a newly renovated guest house located on the Wildfjords Trail. This comfortable house sleeps 10 people and has access to beach, mountains, lakes and huge wild space.
- Activities: We’ll teach you to forage and cook with seaweeds and wild plants, take you on adventurous hikes, create space for you to be alone in the mountains, fish in ancient lakes, tell stories, eat well and feel alive with the wind.
- Travel: On Day 1, guests should arrive in Ísafjörður by 13.00. We will transfer you to Ísafjörður airport by 16.00 on Day 7.
- Click for bookings and enquires and travel advice.
Ingjaldssandur is a place of rare and extraordinary beauty. Think of enormous bird cliffs, a wave washed black sandy beach, amphitheatres of rock that tower and encircle above you, a horizon that holds the midnight sun and endless opportunities to explore, fish, forage and dream.
We've had our most memorable Icelandic adventures here: foraging for seaweeds on wave cut platforms, gathering sheep for Betty, the valley's only full time inhabitant, hiking into a remote glacially formed valley to fish for trout, cooking on open fires and swimming & surfing on the beach. It's our great pleasure to invite you here, we guarantee you'll fall in love with this place.
The owner of the guest house spent his childhood summers farming the valley. His grandmother, a seer, told him the valley is 'special' and is situated on a metaphysical pyramid. Pyramids have long been an ancient symbol for human development and we've spotted one or two pyramids whilst experiencing our wildest, most free and creative selves drawn out by this landscape. Come, fly away with us!